Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Things I Forgot That I Owned

Have you ever cleaned your bedroom, emptied out your school bag or rummaged through some the old boxes that you have in your basement or attic and found a bunch of cool stuff that you forgot that you actually had? This post is dedicated to all of those pack-rats out there (*cough* myself included) who have experienced this lovely sensation before. I give you all: the random things that I have found in my bedroom that I had absolutely no idea that I still had. I hope that you enjoy and maybe have a little giggle at my expense (its ok, you know that you want to).

Example 1:

The dream catcher.
I honestly had no idea that I had this. I don't even remember buying it...








Example 2:

A Leather (?) Braided Bracelet With Beads.
Ok, so I remember getting this like a billion years ago and some store at some beach (don't you just love the specifics?). I'm glad that I found it though, because I like it more now that I probably did then.






Example 3:

Two Mighty Max(s) and a Polly Pocket.
Does anyone else remember when these were really popular? I have always loved Polly Pockets (and for the record, I still proudly do), and the Mighty Max(s) were my brother's from when he was little. After he grew up, they were passed down to me, because they didn't really make too many male Polly Pockets, kind of like Ken dolls..



Example 4:

The Christmas Ornament.
This, my friends, is what happens when a polar bear and a pine tree, well.. you know. I really like this Christmas ornament. Ok.. so I did remember that I had this kicking around somewhere, but it was still nice to find it..






Example 5:

The Legend Of Zelda for Nintendo 64.
So how much of a geek do you guys think that I am now? Maybe I just became a little cooler (I'd say so)? Again, this was my brother's, but it was also a huge part of my childhood. I wish I still had our old Nintendo 64. I miss those days...






Example 6:

The Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Cards.
Ok, so I know for sure that I am not the only one on this planet who knows what these babies are. Again, this is a huge part of my childhood shown in one (well, two) pictures. I would love to get my hands on some more, and covers while I'm at it. Go ahead, challenge me bro.. see what happens.



I would love to read about the differerent things that you guys might have found in the weirdest places. What was the coolest thing? Did it evoke any good memories? Let me know in a comment.

stay strong and keep chugging along, -Madeleine

No comments:

Post a Comment