Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Accent Tag




Helpful Hint: Click on the title to this blog post to see my Canadian version of 'The Accent Tag' on YouTube!

Hello world! A few days ago I decided to film 'the accent tag' which I posted on my YouTube channel this morning. For this specific tag, there are 31 words to read off and 10 questions to answers afterwords. I thought that it was very unique and would be a great way for my subscribers to get to know my 'Canadian ways'. I think that it would be awesome if we could all do this tag and share it with the whole class, because, let's face it, we are all nosy-parkers in one way or another. I will put all of the information down below that you need to know about it in order to do your own version. Also, if you are not a YouTube-er and would still like to to do this tag, I would highly recommended ditching all of those worried and curious thoughts and grab a camera (digital is fine, but this particular video was filmed on my netbook's webcam)and just do it already! If you were maybe thinking of starting to make some videos, then this tag is a great accuse to do so, it would also make a great first video on your channel because, as I said before, it would allow your audience to get to know you a little better. Adding a YouTube video to one of your blog posts would also just spice some things up and keeping everyone interested. Thanks a million for watching/reading and I cannot wait to see what you all have to say regarding this tag!

Everything that you need to read off/answer:

The Words:

Aunt, Roof, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught, Naturally, Aluminum, Envelope

The Questions:
1. What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
2. What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
3. What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
4. What do you call gym shoes?
5. What do you say to address a group of people?
6. What do you call the kind of spider (or spider-like creature) that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
7. What do you call your grandparents?
8. What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
9. What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
10. What is the thing you change the TV channel with?


If you do end up doing this tag video, please do not hesitate to leave a comment on this post with the link, I would love to watch it. Also, if talking to a camera still gives you the jitters, then please feel free to answer the question part of this tag in a blog post and let me know also in a comment.

stay strong and keep chugging along, -Madeleine

No comments:

Post a Comment