Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Apocalypse... Maybe?






--->Screen Shots of The Vlog That Is Going Up On My YouTube Channel In The Next Few Days





Ok, so judging by the title of this post you all are probably expecting this to be a book review, or at least SOMETHING to do with zombies (seeing as I have a bit of an undead obsession..). If you were indeed looking for something like that, then I'm sorry, but you are not going to find it here today. Last night (Wednesday, August 24th 2011) we had a HUGE storm in Ontario, Canada. Originally it was supposed to rain pretty much all day, but it would only start to spit for ten minutes or so and then pretty much clear skies. The wind wasn't too bad during the day, the air was pretty muggy but it wasn't terribly hot, and as I said before, hardly any rain... until 8:30pm that is.
I was watching an episode of "Wire In The Blood" with my parents when the rain started. I honestly really didn't bother to look out of the window to see how bad it actually was.. now I wish I had. After leaving the room because I just couldn't take the disturbing show (if you have seen this British television series, then you know exactly what I am talking about), I came out into the living room and heard the thunder. One look out of the window was all it took.. for me to get my camera. I know, I know, I should have been worrying about the weather, making sure all of the windows were closed, doing other responsible and smart things.. but, I guess that just comes with being a YouTuber; when something big or exciting happens, the first thing that you think about is how to get a good shot of it. My parents then came out as well and we all just stood and stared (well, and I filmed) at the seen happening before our eyes. There was crazy thunder and lightning, horizontal rain, bits of trees and debris on the roads, cars idling on the side of what was a busy road an hour ago with their lights on because they couldn't continue driving, trees being whipped back and forth (I whip my leaves back and forth). Our power went out also instantly. Seeing as it was 9:30 at night when the power went out, I was scrambling in my pajamas trying to find my jeans in case we had to go into the hallway of my apartment building. This all lasted for around 90 minutes. We lit some candles, listened to News Talk 1010 CFRB on my dad's hand-crank radio and watched the storm as I vlogged. A little after 11:00pm, the power finally came back on. I don't think I have ever texted so many people so quickly and at one time in my life. As far as I know, everyone that is in my life is ok. Even still, today (Thursday, August 25th 2011) at 1:05pm, there are still crazy winds and it looks like it might start to rain soon. Is it bad that one of the first things that popped into my head about how it might be the apocalypse (jokingly obviously, I'm not THAT dramatic) was how I will be so angry if I die before I get to go to Fan Expo on Saturday or to see Avril Lavigne in October?
If you were in the area of Ontario that had the storm as well, please let me know where you were and how bad it was down below in a comment. Did you have crazy winds and sideways rain too? Did you hear about anything big happening like a tree falling or being struck by lightning? Did you loose your power, and if so, for how long? Did you go to your basement? Where would you have gone if it got even worse?
I figured I would add in a little extra something for you guys to talk about in the comments on this post even if you weren't caught in this storm or any other bad storm...

If You Could Only Take Five (5) Items (And Your Family/Pets Were Safe), What Would You Take With You While Evacuating? (At Least One Item Has To Be A Selfish Item Or Something You Want To Bring Just Because You Like It, Not Because You Need It).

I would take...

1)and 2) Mine and my brother's stuffed animals from when we were children (two stuffed animals, so I guess this counts for two items).
3) One of my favourite pictures of myself and my brother.
4) My Cell phone (not because I don't want to have to replace it or because I cannot go anywhere without it, because it has everyone's numbers in it which are hard to get back and because I can text people that we know to see if they are ok and call 911 if we have to).
5) My laptop/camera (I can't decide between the two of them).

stay strong and keep chugging along, -Madeleine

No comments:

Post a Comment