Monday, June 27, 2011

Inspired by..


Today I decided that I wanted to repaint my finger nails because the colour that I was wearing (Sally Hansen's Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear in 270 Lacey Lilac) was looking a little worse for wear. I was looking around my bedroom and something caught my eye; my peacock feathers. I have four of them sitting up straight and tall in a matching blueish green vase on top of my dresser. I love them not only because they are a great shape, but the colour are exquisite. I have found myself trying to replicate the beautiful feather into makeup tutorials for my videos and I do have some more complicated nail designs in mind for when I have a little more practice. I looked through my nail polish and was surprised at how many different blues and blueish greens that I own. I also have wanted to try to come up with something that follows the ever popular colour blocking trend, but with nothing too too crazy that could be off putting. These nails seemed to be the answer to all of my questions. To be completely honest, I would have put up a proper tutorial of these babies on my Youtube channel, but they are so easy to do that it seemed kind of pointless.. maybe I'll make one later if I feel differently in the future. I love these nails, and I am pretty happy with myself that I came up with these (those I am sure that I am not the first one to do so). They incorporate all of my favourite colours while still looking cohesive and follows with the bright summer/colour blocking trends. Please let me know what you all think of these, and if you try them out I would love to see a picture of the end result or even just a quick word about them in the comments. I personally would wear these nails anywhere, but it really depends on your personal style and where you might be going (maybe you work in an office where these wouldn't be appropriate?).

So here is the scoop: I first took the darkest blue colour (Sally Hansen's Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear nail colour in 250 Blue It) and painted my thumb nail. I then took the next colour down in shade (OPI's NLT14 Austin-tatous Turquoise from the Texas collection) and painted my index finger nail. Next was my middle finger with which I took the next greenest (?) colour (China Glaze's 721 Custom Kicks). On my ring finger I painted the lime green shade (Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri 29 Lickety-Split Lime). Lastly, I painted my pinky finger's nail in a gold (Sally Hansen's 2701-03 Mesh Frost).






stay strong and keep chugging along, -Madeleine

No comments:

Post a Comment